Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Relay for Life

I joined Relay for Life when our bishopric encouraged us to become more active in the community. I thought that this would be a really special way to get to know some of the people better at work and help out with a worthy cause. It was amazing! Bryce helped out by offering a free 2 week cleaning that we sold raffle tickets for. We raised quite a bit of money for our team. Thank you, Doctor Carter! I also wanted to walk in the Relay as a milestone for myself. When I visited Lance and Caetie for Thanksgiving 2007, I got winded after walking just a few feet. At Relay, I wound up walking 2 miles and being on my feet for the majority of the time. We wound up getting rained out, which was very disappointing, but we still got to participate in the luminary service where they send lit lanterns into the night sky and have luminaries lit all along the track. It was very emotional and touching. I would encourage everybody to get involved next year.

No comments: