Saturday, August 2, 2008

What's your name?

I went to lunch with some friends yesterday and the question was posed, "What was your nickname when you were growing up?" It was so cool to hear all of the different responses. I thought it would be even more fun to post my responses and hear back from whoever would like to share.

I have 4 sibs so I'm sure I got called a lot of things, and, to be honest, my first remembrance was a negative moniker. I also remember ALL of the "Batman and Robin", "Robin Hood,", and "Robin Redbreast" jabs; however, the nickname that stands out in my mind is what my dad used to call me... Daisy Mae. Daddy's favorite comic strip was Lil Abner. Daisy Mae was Lil Abner's girlfriend. I think it might have been because she wore cutoff shorts and I did too. Who knows?

These days it's hard to know how to sign an email to all my friends and family. I'm known as Madre, Mom, Mama, Maja, Granny Robin, Robbie, Rob, Chica, Maggie, and Sister Wininger.

Do you know Miss Lissa, Little Wayne, Brycer Ricer, Lancer Man, and Bebo?

No comments: