Monday, December 10, 2012

Ward Christmas Party! 3 Weeks post surgery

I went to our Ward Christmas Party on Friday, December 7. Pearl Harbor Day and 3 weeks post surgery.
Amy Harris and her daughter Lindsay took pictures to capture the magic of the night. Amy helped me to pose, but I tell ya,
I think I should have put my right foot forward. It's my better side. I'm wearing a blouse I haven't worn in well over a year. I ate a lot of beef this week. As a result, I lost only 4.2 pounds. Total lost is 28, so it's an average of a pound a day still, since I'm counting losing 7 pounds before the surgery. I now need only 1 tape measure to get around my hips and stomach. Next week I'll be taking my measurements and sharing them. I am starting to notice that I get sick every time I try to eat meat. I'm sick again tonight after just a little bit of chicken. Yikes! I'm not ready for that, but it may just be the case. I just know that it's not worth getting nauseated every time I eat meat. Yuck! Everybody says that they can tell in my face that I'm losing. Typical for me. I lose it from the top and at my ankles, until the skinny meets in the middle. Stomach and hips are the last to show signs of shrinkage. I will say that I noticed a little more room between myself and the steering wheel on my way to work this morning. On Saturday I crossed my knee to put on my shoe and was on my way out of the door before I realized that I had just passed a marker. I haven't been able to cross my leg in FOR E VER!

No comments: