Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long-legged Beasties

"From ghoulies and ghosties and long-legged beasties, and things that go bump in the night, good Lord deliver us."

This has been one of my favorite Halloweens in a long time. I guess it's because I got to experience first-hand through the eyes of some of my grandchildren that excitement that builds all month long. Amie and Clay started things off with a Halloweenie Roast on a Friday when it rained all day. Poor Clay was out in the rain mowing the lawn, and the rain never did let up. It ended up being a ton of fun. Clay grilled the hot dogs, they set up a jump house in the garage for maybe 25 kids who showed up, and by dang they DID get a fire going in the barbecue pit for the marshmallow roast.


I decided to decorate my desk for work. Amie carved the pupkin for me during a Family Home Evening, and I made some spiders out of pipe cleaners and googly eyes. I had the most decorated desk at the office. I especially liked the black garbage bags I laid for the foundation. You can't see the sign I had that said, "Watch out for flying monkeys."


So on Tuesday before Halloween, we had a chance to dress in our costumes and go to the church for Trunk or Treat. Here's the whole crew:

Amie went as Giselle:



Here I am as a witch. When I dressed up for work, I painted my nails black.


Take one more look at the group: Who is that Mullet Man? And did you see the princess, the cute witch, and the 2 kitty cats?(hint: one is fast asleep)


When I get a chance, I'll have to show you the pics Amy took of Madison, Preston, and Jackson on Halloween. Madison was a bride, Preston was a soldier, and Jackson was the cutest puppy I've ever seen! I sat at the bottom of the driveway all decked out in my witch's garb to hand out candy to the kiddies, and I had a ton of fun! It did get pretty cold, though. There was hot chocolate for everybody when it was all over.

1 comment:

Lance and Caetie said...

Great post. Mom, that costume rivaled mine in scariness. Great to see pictures of everyone so we can see how they're doing!

Lunchscode